Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Used Car Values and other Car Buying topics.
You may know every quirk, creak, and upholstery crack in your existing car, but that doesn't mean you need to advertise them to the dealer when you're negotiating vehicle trade in value. Before you take your car to the dealer to talk turkey, take some time to spruce up your car:
• Clean the interior of your car of all garbage and dirt
• Wash down all vinyl or leather and wood surfaces.
• Vacuum the floors and seats
• Organize your glove box
• Wash and wax the car's exterior well
• Make sure the tires are properly inflated
• Make sure that all lamps are fully functioning