Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Auto Warranty and other Car Buying topics.
If you are considering purchasing a car warranty either from a dealer or direct from the warranty company, there are some key questions you should ask up front to make sure you aren't being taken for a ride. Make sure you ask:
• How long does the warranty last?
• What, if any, is the mileage limitation?
• What's covered?
• What's the deductible amount?
• Who does the repairs?
• Who pays the bill?
• What, if any, maintenance requirements exist?
• Can you cancel without penalty?
You should also check the warranty company out with both the Better Business Bureau and a rating agency such as A.M. Best or Standard & Poor's.