Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about VIN and other Car Buying topics.
Since the boom of the Internet, buying a new car online could not be easier. Today's online tools can ensure that any auto consumer may buy a used car – lemon-free. Here is how any Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) may decode a car's history or bumpy past:
- Title information
- Title transfers and checks
- Was the car salvaged?
- Has the odometer been turned back?
- Was the car in a major accident?
- Has the car experienced any significant mechanical problems
- Was the vehicle ever flooded or rebuilt?
- Has the vehicle been involved in any fraud?
- Has the car been damaged by fire or ever stolen
- How was the car used or procured in the past
(leased, rented, driven as a taxi or police vehicle)